Is your home ready for winter?
Winterization helps cut heating costs and prevents expensive repairs. House Doctors of Hudson is scheduling appointments now in October to help our customers get their homes ready for the winter. Are you ready? Check the list below to see.
- Shut off water lines to exterior water supplies
- Clean out gutters and downspouts
- Detach hoses
- Check the roof for missing/loose shingles
- Install a storm door
- Install heating cables
- Check and replace weather stripping around doors
- Change furnace filter
- Insulation additions
- Install a programmable thermostat
- Check/replace window caulk
- Install window film to help prevent heat loss
October is the month to prepare for freezing temperatures. Are you ready?
Need help? Call us to schedule an appointment to do it for you.